TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE FOR WATER SUPPLY AND SANITATION SUPPORT PROGRAMME TO TERRITORIAL COMMUNITIES N°II (PACTEA II)
Mali- June 2013
In June 2013 LOTTI Ingegneria was awarded the second Programme for Water Supply and Sanitation (PACTEA II) funded by the European Union through the 10th EDF (European Development Fund) in Mali.
The project is a continuation of the PACTEA I funded under the 9th EDF that LOTTI Ingegneria has executed and completed successfully from January 2007 to December 2010.
The Programme aims at contributing to reduce poverty and to improve health conditions of the populations of rural and semi - urban centers in the regions of Koulikoro, Sikasso, Segou and Tombouctou ensuring sustainable access to safe drinking water and sanitation.
The Programme will last about 4 years. Its main goals are as follows:
- construction of 70 rural water distribution systems ;
- construction of 110 boreholes for the mobilization of water resources and installation of a piezometric network;
- construction of about 2.000 sanitation units;
- assistance to the start-up of the water users' association;
- execution of 130 ortophoto maps as territorial communities tools for planning ;
- consolidation of the results of PACTEA I;
The Programme will be implemented in two phases: the first one – currently in progress and lasting about 9 months – concerns essentially technical studies and design. The second phase will mainly concern the supervision of works and socio-economic activities.